So here are my 5 chairs all painted, ‘Pistachio Sorbet’ and decoupaged. Now to the table. It took 3 days as I gave enough time for paint and varnish to dry. It was easier than the chairs cause of less fiddly bits.
This is what the table looked like before the upcycle.
I took a knife to the edges of the curved sections to give it an antique look, as I did with the chairs.
I decoupaged lotus flowers again and had terrible trouble with this. I think I watered down the PVA glue too much. Not sure why. Also the flowers were larger than on the chairs. I interlaced 3 separate flowers. I don’t particularly think they are that great but my husband was very encouraging so I gave it a rest.
And here is the finished product. I bought some placemats today to protect the surface. My husband said it really does make our living room look larger. It brightens the area and each time I walk past it I smile.
I am really glad I took the time to do it.
Next project: plank and pot bookshelves. 3 more weeks of holidays so better get cracking.