First off, I’d like to thank Little Steps for awarding me the Liebster Award. “Liebster” is a German term for sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, and endearing. It is awarded to bloggers with not more than 200 followers as a form of recognition and support to keep on blogging.
What I really like about this “award” though is the bit about giving it to a blogger as a support or encouragement to keep on blogging. For me it’s like a friendly pat on the back as if to say “Hey, you’re doing really good. Keep it up” or “What you’re saying is worth reading. so keep writing” So once again, thanks Little Steps!
The rules are:
– Thank the person who nominated you.
– Answer the 11 questions posted on your nominator’s blog.
– Give the award to your chosen 11 bloggers. Don’t forget to inform them about it by leaving a comment on their blog.
– Pose 11 of your own new questions to your bloggers.
– (Optional) Stick the Leibster award on your blog.
Here are my answers to the 11 Questions:
The 11 Questions to answer:
1. Country living or city living?
Country Living definitely. I am a fan of the colours green and brown.
2. Wine or Beer?
Hmmm… I don’t really drink alcohol but when I do it is wine all the way. I am getting a taste for red but you can call me, Chardonnay.
3. Morning or night person?
Morning person. I can’t stay up past 10pm.
4. What book are you currently reading?
I am reading a book on Vegetarianism and Buddhism. I am just beginning a book on Ayurvedic practice and quantum physics.
5. If you were to write your memoir, what title would you give it?
My Sisters & I. It’s getting edited as we speak. 😛
6. What’s your favourite movie or book? Why?
Just one? ummm…. The Story of The Weeping Camel would be one because it is about connectedness, simplicity within modernisation, care for creatures other than ourselves, calm and patience and beautious wide open spaces. I also love, love, love the movie Babies about 4 babies across the world from birth to beginning to walk. I love the differences between Ponijao from Namibia and Hatty from the US.
7. Why do you blog?
To gain confidence in my writing, because facebook was boring me senseless and making me feel bad about myself and to stay connected to my Sisters, my ideas of Sisterhood and to my ideas about connectedness and disconnectedness.
8. Is there a story behind the name of your blog?
Yes. I focus on stories about my Sisters. Sisters meaning my sister-in-laws in Ghana, my sisters around Australia. The women I am connected to by default and by choice. It is also at some stage hopefully going to help me with my book – My Sisters & I.
9. What’s inside your everyday bag or for those who don’t have the need for one – what’s inside your pockets?
Crap. A wallet full of cards and receipts. My phone. Some pamphlets. Several lip balms. A few sets of keys that I never really use. A pen. A pair of earrings. Some ladies necessities. A book I need to read.
10. Name a foreign language you’d like to learn and why.
West African French, because Ghana is surrounded by Francophone countries and I hate going across the border because I can’t communicate with anyone yet I love the artwork because it is so much more refined than Ghana and I am also very interested in the music and culture.
11. If you had all the money in the world, is there a particular place/country you would love to move to?
Bolgatanga, Ghana. My families home town. Plus, a few houses around the country so I can go and have breaks. The coast near Axim, the mountains of Akuapem, the forests of Brong Ahafo Region.
My choice of 11 Bloggers:
1. Little Steps
5. The Secret Father
I can’t put in 11 yet as I am still working my way around and have had little time to explore other blogs as at now. I am getting there.
The 11 questions you must answer are:
- Do you believe in Faeries?
- Where is your favourite place that you’ve ever travelled to?
- What is your favourite book and why?
- Do you believe democracy really works?
- If you could be an element which one would you be? Are you a mix?
- If you dared what would be one crazy thing that you’d do, so long as no-one would know?
- Ducks or chickens?
- Are you that person in the supermarket who talks on your phone at the checkout? Explain.
- Write one kind thing about your mother.
- What is your favourite fruit?
- If you could change your first name, what would you change it to? Why?
I am aware of course that not everyone will respond to this and of course, I’m fine with that. But it would be nice to pass on the pat on the back to someone whom you think deserves it.